We must ensure that all voices are being heard.
People are standing up … and you can too! Here are a few links to about how you can have your voice heard, and others who have been sharing their voice on Muskrat Falls and other issues of environmental degradation.
15) Stand up, Join in and Be Heard! Fearless Summer – This Summer we’re escalating the movement against extreme energy. JUNE 2013
14) Muskrat Falls is Constitutionally challenged – Brad Cabana sharing and provoking on Rock Solid Politics – May 25, 2013
13) Jim Learning’s arrest, hunger strike and release. However will people be heard. A strong man with strong conviction!
- NunatuKavut launches ‘on-the-ground action plan’ to halt Muskrat Falls – April 5, 2013 – The Independent
- UPDATE: Russell, other protesters face obstruction charges, RCMP say – April 5, 2013 – The Labradorian
- NunatuKavut elder refuses to leave jail over Muskrat stance – April 8, 2013 – CBC
- NunatuKavut Elder on Hunger Strike in Custody – April 8, 2012 – VOCM
VOCM Nightline Todd Russell Talks About NunatuKavut Protest and Jim Learning – April 08 2013 VOCM
Hunger striking NunatuKavut elder calls for a unified Labrador – April 9, 2013 – The Independent
12) The Robert Bond Papers Continue to offer insightful questions that need to be asked:
- Effects on the George River herd – Feb 8, 2013
11) NunatuKavut Youth to protest the Muskrat Falls project – CBC – Feb 1, 2013
10) Lower Power Rates Alliance – A movement in Nova Scotia against what they too believe is an bad deal!
9) For The Record – Blog Talk Radio For the Record will be a series of shows dedicated to the Muskrat Falls debate.
8) Open Line:
- VOCM Open Line Elizabeth Penashue Talks About Muskrat Falls Project – Jan 17, 2013 (8:31mins)
6) Idle No More – This movement of peaceful for persistent protests which started in reaction to Bill C 45 which would affect not only Indigenous people but also the lands, water and the rest of Canada.
- Hunger strike, Bill C-45 galvanize First Nations – The First Perspective – Dec 24, 2012
- The right side of history – The Telegram – Jan 5, 2012
Harper, chiefs to meet amid chaos, protests – The Globe and Mail Jan 10, 2013
- Harper commits to ‘high-level’ treaty talks with First Nations – CBC – Jan 11, 2012
- Idle No More – Labrador Protests – CBC – Jan 14, 2013
5) Harper Visits Labrador to announce the loan guarantee November 30, 2012 …
- Protesters rally against loan guarantee, Quebec promises legal challenge – NTV Nov 30
- Protesting the Harper Visit – CBC Nov 30
4) Rallys f0r Democracy across Newfoundland and Labrdor today! – November 18, 2012
3) Another group trying to protect THEIR river! Safeguarding the future of the Romaine River